Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I've Been A Felting Fool . . .

Hello Mom, and anyone else who's reading this. . . well, as you can tell, I've been knitting lately. So what else is new, huh? I finished the teddy bear that I was making as an experiment so that I'll be able to make a couple of nice ones for the girls for Christmas or some other occasion. I think he turned out really cute! I made him using a pattern from a book called "The Knitted Teddy Bear". Once I finished the bear, I knitted up a purse in Paton's Merino Wool and then . . . yes .. . I felted it on purpose. It knitted very quickly and it was the first time I've used a circular needle. I've posted the before and after pictures. It certainly got a lot smaller, I think I let it go a little too long in the washer, but I really like the way it turned out! Yesterday I dyed some Lion Fisherman's wool in Lemonade and grape Kool aid (to make another purse probably and I have a slip stitch hat in mind) and I started a striped beach bag that will probably take a while. I'll knit during American Idol! Go Bo!

No comments: