Sunday, February 01, 2009

Classic Socks, A Penguin, A Hat and Fuzzy Feet!





Well, I finally finished my husband's socks, after much knitting. I thought they would never end! I made them from the book 2 at a Time Socks, and followed the pattern just as it said. However, I ran out of yarn towards the end so they're a little shorter than I had intended, but I think they'll be okay for Rob.

Project Number 2 -- Fern Glade from Knitty. Ran out of yarn here too. Hmm. Seems to be a trend. Maybe I knit fat. I love it though and it was an easy lace pattern.

Project Number 3 - Penguin from Amigurumi World. Made this one for Katherine with the intention of giving it to her for Christmas, but I didn't finish it until this month. Oh well. Enough with the crochet. Back to knitting.

Project Number 4 has no picture. I made a pair of Fuzzy Feet from Knitty. I haven't felted them yet and I have a lot of leftover Lamb's Pride - almost a whole skein. I'm going to make a pair of socks and send them to Afghans for Afghans with it. Maybe I can fit in a little pair of baby socks too.
The year long yarn diet is going well so far, but I can't say I haven't been tempted. So far, I've been able to talk myself out of it by getting excited about my next project. Next up is the Back to School U Neck Vest from Fitted Knits. Hope to do a swatch today and get started.

No comments: