Saturday, April 25, 2009

MUST Refrain from Visiting Yarn In Stores . . .

because I feel guilty if I don't buy anything. I'll admit, I stopped by a needlework store yesterday just to check it out and lo and behold, they had yarn there. I was the only customer in this huge store, and the employees seemed very happy to see me. But I couldn't leave with a clear conscience no matter what. I felt obligated to buy something because I know how much retail stores are hurting these days and I really want stores that sell yarn to make money and stay in business. But, as I said before, I have enough yarn. In fact, I have way more than enough. I could knit comfortably for at least the next two years and not buy another skein. But I found I could just leave the store. I felt bad for it. So I tried to pick out something I liked, that wasn't too expensive. I ended up buying another skein of sock yarn, because I just don't want to knit another hat or scarf, and I sure as heck don't want to shell out the money for a sweater's worth of yarn until I knit up most of the other stuff. The skein I bought was Mountain Color's Bearfoot in Juniper. It's a nice hand painted kind of green, and it's machine washable. I guess it was the lesser of two evils, but I guess I learned my lesson and that is, don't go into stores that sell yarn!

No comments: