Friday, February 11, 2005

My First Entry

Hello,
My name is Kristin and this is my first entry! Yay! I want this blog to primarily be about knitting, my new passion, but I might throw other things going on in my life occasionally.
I started knitting last week (and already, I'm blogging about it)! I have wanted to knit for a long time, but I've always been too intimidated. A little background . . . my mother is a champion knitter. She knits things for my three kids on a regular basis, and she's been knitting for over 40 years. She taught me how to knit a few times when I was young, but she's right handed and I'm left handed and it was always kind of hard and never held my interest. A couple of weeks ago, I bought Stitch 'N' Bitch on Amazon, and after a few attempts, have learned how to knit and purl using the continental method. It was very awkward at first, but now I think I have the hang of it. I'm so proud of myself! So far, I've made a garter stitch scarf and now I'm working on a ribbed one. My husband is getting a little worried, because I tend to get obsessed with things :-), but I'm having fun!

No comments: